Aquatic exercise is a growing trend for Americans of all ages and fitness levels. This popular activity appeals not only to rehab patients and the elderly, but also to the younger generation of exercise enthusiasts. More and more fitness centers are offering classes for aquatic exercise that are geared for a wide range of people.
|The Evolution and One Pool Bike by Aqua Creek Products|
Benefits of Aqua Exercise
- Increases your energy level
- Decreases stress and tension
- Variety of classes and aquatic exercise equipment (Treadmills, Bikes, and Elliptical)
- Virtually no impact to your joints
- Exercise in the water is much easier on the joints in water than on land due to water’s buoyancy.
- Water resistance increases the workout intensity
- Every move there is continual pressure on your body. The amount of resistance in water is 4-44 times that of air.
- The cooling effect
- Water temperature is cooler than our core body temperature; the water washes away sweat and keeps you cool. Never feel over heated and sweaty! Aqua exercise leaves you feeling energized and refreshed.
- Pressure of the water massages your body, joints and muscles while you exercise
Aquatic exercise is a low impact, total body workout that improves strength, stamina and overall fitness. Exercising in water offers many physical and mental benefits. Aquatic exercise is safe effective and fun so jump in and make a splash!